For decades, fluidized bed systems have been utilised for granulation, drying, and coating applications in pharmaceutical tablet production.
Fluidized bed systems for granulation, coating and drying
Today, pharmaceutical tablet production companies can take advantage of L.B. Bohle’s innovative multipurpose fluidized bed solution, which allows granulation, coating and drying to be carried out with a single machine, without additional configuration.
L.B. Bohle’s BFS series of fluidized bed granulator machines features R&D systems for small production quantities as well as production scale systems. The BFS fluid bed granulation systems offer the advantages of the patented tangential spray nozzle technology in achieving a uniform film, whilst saving costs and production floor space.
The BFS fluidized bed systems can also be fitted with a cutting-edge online NIR technology to accurately and reproducibly, measure moisture levels during granulation and drying for optimal results.
Unique design for complete fluidization of particles
The unique Bohle Uni Cone BUC® air distributor plate design facilitates complete fluidization of particles to achieve a uniform film coating without any twins.
Because of the tangential motion of the fluidized particles or granules at low fluidization height, they do not need high-volume expansion and installation height can be reduced to save costs and increase manufacturing floor space.
Advanced features of the BFS Fluidized Bed Granulation Systems
The L.B. Bohle fluidized bed granulation systems benefit from a number of integrated innovative new-gen technologies ensuring:
- Complete fluidization of particles
- Uniform film coating without twin formation
- Low bed installation height for optimal space utilization
- Integration of PAT, NIR and WIP
- Patented filter cleaning – patented diffuser
- Electrical drive filter lowering
- Removable distributor plate
- Pressure surge resistance up to 12 bar for containment applications
Fluidized Bed Granulation System Variations
The BFS fluidized bed granulation systems are available in six main models:
- BFS 30 – with 4 product filter bags, 1 spray nozzle, fluidized bed height of ca. 1980 mm, PLC control and touchpanel system
- BFS 60 – with 6 product filter bags, 2 spray nozzles, fluidized bed height of ca. 2930 mm, PLC control and touchpanel system
- BFS 120 – with 6 product filter bags, 3 spray nozzles, fluidized bed height of ca. 3600 mm, PLC control and touchpanel system
- BFS 240 – with 9 product filter bags, 4 spray nozzles, fluidized bed height of ca. 3920 mm, PLC control and touchpanel system
- BFS 360 – with 12 product filter bags, 5 spray nozzles, fluidized bed height of ca. 4570 mm, PLC control and touchpanel system
- BFS 480 – with 10 product filter bags, 6 spray nozzles, fluidized bed height of ca. 4990 mm, PLC control and touchpanel system
BFS Fluidized Bed Granulation System for R&D
- Beside the fluidized bed granulators in production scale, L.B. Bohle also offer a laboratory system with the BFS 3 fluidized bed granulator
To learn more about how the BFS fluidized bed granulation systems can benefit your pharmaceutical manufacturing processes please complete the Quick Contact form or email: email@example.com
You can also read more about L.B. Bohle and the BFS fluid bed systems by clicking the button below: