The fast high-throughput Assay for Brain Tissue Binding developed by Sovicell and GSK is ready to use and requires only 20 minutes for brain tissue binding and brain disposition.
Assay for Brain Tissue Binding
The TRANSIL Brain Absorption kit estimates the binding of drugs to brain tissue and predicts the disposition of drugs into the brain. Developed in cooperation with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), it measures the affinity of drugs to reconstituted porcine brain membranes. The brain membrane affinity is used to estimate the brain tissue binding and to predict the brain-to-plasma distribution via a hybrid model that also incorporates the drug’s polar surface area and its plasma protein binding.
TRANSIL Brain Absorption Kit – Ready-to-use 96-well Brain Tissue Binding Assay
The Assay for Brain Tissue Binding consists of ready-to-use 96-well microtiter plates for fast and easy ADME screening. Each plate offers the capability to measure brain tissue binding and brain disposition of up to 12 compounds, streamlining the workflow process with high efficiency, convenience, and reproducible results.
The assay requires only 5 steps: (i) addition of drug candidate, (ii) mixing and incubation for 12 minutes, (iii) removal of beads by centrifugation, (iv) sampling of supernatant, and (v) quantification of a drug candidate.
Beyond drug efficacy and safety
The TRANSIL Brain Absorption kit plays a pivotal role in pharmaceutical research and development by providing crucial insights into the binding of drugs to brain tissue and predicting their distribution within the brain. This innovative Assay for Brain Tissue Binding provides a comprehensive approach that not only enhances researchers’ understanding of a drug’s efficacy and safety profile but also facilitates informed decision-making throughout the drug development process. By bridging the gap between laboratory data and clinical outcomes, the TRANSIL Brain Absorption kit empowers pharmaceutical researchers to optimise drug candidates for improved therapeutic outcomes.
- Scintillation counting
Parameters estimated and predicted:
- Unbound fraction of drugs in the brain
- Brain-to-plasma distribution
Features & Benefits of the Brain Tissue Binding Assay Kit
- Fast, requires only 20 minutes total assay time
- Easy workflow integration with standard 96-well plate format
- Each plate can measure brain tissue binding and brain disposition of up to 12 compounds
- Measures brain tissue binding and predicts blood-brain barrier penetration
- Off-the-shelf format in 96-well plate format generating highly reproducible results
- Rapid compound quantification due to immobilized brain membranes
- The kit includes a spreadsheet for the calculation of final results and a traffic light system for data quality rating
For more information please contact Sovicell today.
More Assay Kits from Sovicell